Are you looking for the best video conferencing and webinar apps that are also very affordable? Here we have downloaded the Zoom application for you. But first let’s understand what zoom really is.
The development of smartphone communication is indeed one of the greatest achievements of the 21st century. Over time, people are moving further away from their sedentary work to venture into a world where they can do their job and get business done, only with the aid of a device that is held in the palm of their hand or in their pocket. their work clothes. This doesn’t mean that we stop using PC. Instead, we recognized the potential of our other devices, which gave us options for greater flexibility. The award-winning Zoom app was launched to host webinars, teach online courses and conduct online training courses, video demonstrations, virtual meetings and video conferencing.
Developed as an easy-to-use online video conference and meeting software that integrates activities such as video conferencing, simple online meetings and group messaging into one cloud-based platform. Zoom has proven useful for small and medium-sized businesses, businesses, educational institutions, and health care organizations. Developed by a California-based company in 2013, Zoom is designed to host and broadcast online meetings that can accommodate up to 100 interactive video attendees and 10,000 view-only attendees.
Users used by more than 500,000 customer organizations can take advantage of high-quality video, audio, and screen sharing features and experiences through the Zoom app to enhance collaboration among teams, remote workers and attendees as much as they can to start meetings instantly. Join with one touch button on your phone or browser. The web conferencing software is # 1 in terms of customer satisfaction and it also allows sharing of content in wireless mode because it improves remote access to webinars and web conferencing.
How to download the Zoom app
Quick Navigation :
- 1 How to download the Zoom app
- 2 How to download Zoom for Android and iOS?
- 3 Zoom Cloud Meetings Mac
- 4 Zoom Cloud Meetings Windows
- 5 Zoom Cloud Meetings Ubuntu
- 6 How to use Zoom app?
- Seller: Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
- Size: 91.6 MB
- Category: Business
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age rating: rated 4+
- Copyright (©): Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
- Price for downloading the Zoom app: Free
Zoom function – overview
Zoom offers a number of functions. By using the Zoom Cloud Meetings application, users can take advantage of the following features:
- Audio / video conferencing
- Android screen sharing quality.
- Content management through brainstorming and discussion groups
- Contact availability status
- Easily invite phone, email or company contacts
- As an Interactive Participant or Webinar Participant, join in for viewing only without creating an account
- Works over WiFi, 4G / LTE, and 3G networks
- Safe driving mode on the go
- Integration in software from Dropbox to Marketo
How to download Zoom for Android and iOS?
Would you like to download Zoom Cloud Meetings and start zooming in? All it takes is a simple trip to your app store. Type “Zoom Cloud Meetings” or just “Zoom” into the search box and you will find it. The various ways to download Zoom Cloud Meetings are:
- App Store for iPhone or iOS
- Google Play Store for Android
- Blackberry World
Benefits of Zoom Cloud Meetings
One of the standout and standout features of the Zoom app is the video webinar functionality. The size of the participants that can be accommodated in the video webinar ranges from 100 to 10,000 viewable attendees and 100 interactive video attendees. This allows remote access to webinars and content sharing, making it easier to broadcast educational, company or organizational discussions. This feature allows users to invite other attendees to attend the webinar via a software-generated URL link that can be copied and published on social media and instant messaging platforms. You can also invite them by email, thanks to the application’s integration with the email client and software instantly.
Zoom comprises cloud video conferencing competences that contribute to the dynamic hosting of the webinars. This capability enables panellist viewing and presentation screens, which are known as dual screen support systems. It also has HD video plus HD speech with dynamic speech recognition functions. Another element of the video conferencing feature under the Zoom app is enhanced webinars and dynamic screen sharing.
Users can share nearly their entire desktop screen with their audience, an active tabbed window in their browser, or a whiteboard with photos and illustrations. During the conversation there is a text chat box for side conversations and a sharing link, as well as a flashy button for sharing your screen. When you need to make your files and presentations available for everyone to see and discuss, the Zoom app opens them in full-screen mode on all computers to make sure you don’t miss out. However, if for some reason some people miss scheduled meetings – perhaps because of internet connectivity issues or because of their absence – they don’t have to miss what’s being said. Just click the Record button in the Zoom app to save the complete video recording of the entire video conference to your computer.
Another classic feature that users can take advantage of with the Zoom app is the group collaboration feature. With this special feature, users can create groups and directly send text, image, or audio files to group members. With the drag and drop function, users can share files such as documents, photos or video clips instantly. In addition, they can invite other people to be part of their group and accept access requests via their smartphone. During file sharing, users can annotate or annotate documents with notes or comments. Group video conferencing is seamless, with hosts able to share screens from their desktops or mobile devices. This feature removes communication barriers between the team and employees, which improves teamwork and collaboration.
Lastly, by downloading the Zoom application, users can take advantage of a unique utility that allows users to record their virtual meetings in MP4 and M4A video formats from desktop and mobile devices. This cloud and local meeting recording makes it easy for users to back up their videos for future reference, and makes the entire video recording process for storage completely hassle-free and cost-effective, as they no longer need a third party vendor to keep their meeting coverage on theirs. Capture recording device.
Zoom Cloud Meeting – Cons
Despite the fact that the Zoom app’s download page has quite a number of excellent reviews and noteworthy feedback, this app does not escape user criticism for the inevitable flaws that plague any great software. Customers who download and use the app not only consume a lot of battery power when running their laptop or cellphone, they also find many additional flaws that the developers can significantly improve in the next update:
- Sharing of content between Zoom participants should be possible and personalized with more options.
- It should be more customer friendly, like BBM or even WhatsApp, with more advanced functionality.
- The introduction of the master volume compressor under the new version of the Zoom app to keep all participants at the same volume level
- Lack of real time translation
Zoom Cloud Meetings Mac
Supported Operating Systems: To make downloading the Zoom app easier, the following system requirements apply to Zoom Cloud Meeting Mac.
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or higher
- MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom Version 3.6)
To install Zoom Cloud Meetings on a Mac computer, you may need to change your security and privacy settings and allow the application to be downloaded or the Zoom application to be downloaded from identified developers. This can be done by:
- Click the Apple icon at the top left corner of your window screen and select System Preferences.
- Open security and data protection
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left to access changes.
- Enter your device administrator username and password.
- Change Download app from app store and allow identified developer options. Then you can easily use the link for the Zoom app and easily launch it on your Mac by visiting the Download Center and downloading Cloud Zoom Meetings from there.
Zoom Cloud Meetings Windows
Supported Operating Systems: Following are the suitable operating systems for Zoom cloud meetings on Windows.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or higher
- Windows XP with SP3 or higher
To download the Zoom application for cloud meetings on your Windows PC, do the following:
- Navigate to the Zoom software download page.
- On the Download Center page, under Zoom Client For Meetings, click Download.
- When the “Save As” dialog box appears, save the installation exe file in a file location of your choice or on the Windows desktop.
- Double-click the installation file in Windows File Explorer or on your desktop.
- In the Open File pop-up, tap the Run option. The installation process starts and ends in a few minutes.
- Download of the Zoom app is now complete. In the window that appears, click Join meeting or schedule your own.
Zoom Cloud Meetings Ubuntu
To use the Zoom client for Linux on Ubuntu 16.04 / 17.10 and 18.04 desktops, do the following:
- To download the Zoom app, simply go to this link below and select the version for an Ubuntu system (64-bit should be sufficient if your system supports it.)
- Then download it to your desktop (usually in the downloads folder on your home screen).
- After downloading, navigate to your download folder on your home screen in the next step. Then right-click on the downloaded file and select Open with software installation.
- When the Ubuntu software opens, click on Install to start the installation.
How to use Zoom app?
After you finish downloading the Zoom app and launching the app, you have two options. You can click “Join Meeting” or “Register”. To join an ongoing meeting, click Join Meeting. When you want to log in and start, or schedule and schedule your own meeting, click Sign In.
You can use your Zoom account email address and password to log in, or you can log in with SSO. If you haven’t created a user email address and password, click Sign in to create a Zoom account. After you sign in, the main dialog box appears with the default Home tab. Here are your options:
- Select “Start without video” to start the meeting by sharing your “desktop” or “app.”
- Select Start with Video to start the video conference.
- Select Schedule to schedule an upcoming meeting.
- Select Join to join the meeting that has already started.
- Select Share Screen to share your screen in the zoom room by entering a sharing key or meeting ID.
On the Meetings tab, you can view, start, edit, and delete your private meeting IDs, scheduled meetings, and meeting recordings. You’ll also find the PMI option, which stands for Personal Meeting ID. PMI and Personal Link are two ways to access virtual meeting rooms, also known as private meeting rooms, which are permanently reserved for you. You can start it at any time or schedule it for future use. Your personal meeting ID will be changed to your private meeting URL. For example: https://zoom.us/j/5551112232. If you have a paid plan and have a Pro license, you can also customize the 10 digit ID.
Zoom Settings: You can find the Settings tab in the main dialog box or on the meeting menu bar. After clicking Settings, the following options are available:
- General: You can adjust your default settings.
- Audio: You can check, select and adjust your speakers and microphone.
- Video: You can check and select your video camera.
- Feedback: To rate questions, comments, or feedback
- Recordings: Here you can browse all your saved recordings (all recordings are saved in your local device / computer).
- Account / Pro Account: Here you can upgrade your account to PRO and manage your account details more efficiently.
Meeting Settings: After you start or join a meeting, you can do the following on the menu bar at the bottom of the meeting window (by moving the cursor to switch):
- Invite new people to join using email, IM, SMS (mobile user), or meeting ID
- Share your window screen or specific application window
- Pause and start your video
- Manage participants
- Mute and mute your audio
- Configure your settings.
- Leave or end the meeting
Tips to ensure better use of the Zoom App
Once you understand the steps for downloading the Zoom app and holding a Zoom meeting, these tips will prove to be very useful and help you prepare for the day of the conference.
- Tip 1: Videos usually require more bandwidth than audio. So if you see signs of instability in your internet signal, turn off your camera and continue with the audio itself without interrupting the flow of communication.
- Tip 2: If you’re using a laptop or the computer’s built-in microphone, avoid typing on the keyboard during meetings. You may not hear it, but other people you connect to on the video call can hear the sound of the herd galloping through their heads. If you do need to type, make sure you use a headset with a microphone or earbuds with a microphone, as is sometimes used with smartphones. A microphone is the best alternative because it is specially designed to be close to your mouth and doesn’t need to be too sensitive to pick up your speech. Due to their lack of sensitivity, they are usually unable to hear background noise.
- Tip 3: Click on the little black “Settings” wheel in the top right corner and use it to check if your microphone, camera and speakers are working properly before the meeting starts. Whether you use Zoom with internal or external attendees, it’s important to remember that you represent the organization during your meetings. Work experience is very helpful in making a positive and lasting impression.
- Tip 4: The Improve My Appearance feature in Zoom enhances the look of the video by creating a softer focus. It is said to help improve your skin tone and reduce the visibility of fine lines and blemishes. You can find this option by going to Settings> Videos.
- Tip 5: Echoes can be caused by two people sitting in the same room or next to each other and attending the same meeting separately with audio. This can also happen when someone connects to the audio twice, eg. B. by phone and PC. If you connect to multiple people in the same room as you, call the conference room on the phone, or allow only one person to connect to audio. The remaining participants should be instructed to close the audio prompt without joining the room.
- Tip 6: To avoid showing personal pop-up messages during a meeting or video conference, share the app as a screen instead of your desktop. Open any file on your computer that you want to share before your meeting starts.
Zoom Cloud Meetings – The Last Word
It is impossible to make a perfect video chat system, but the Zoom application tries to bring an efficient desktop version and mobile application that only focuses on video chat functions, as well as providing the closest possible H .323 / SIP room system and dial-in function to enable video conferencing with almost anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Overall, the Zoom app provides a web conferencing platform that offers a variety of features that you can use to improve your communication with internal and external partners, customers and customers, or anyone you may need to interact with for business reasons.
By interacting with dozens of third-party applications, you get a unified experience across all the business platforms you already use. In addition, it can easily connect to computers, mobile devices, H.323 and SIP conference room systems, so you can start and participate in conferences from anywhere.
By pursuing excellence in quality and consistent business experience, Zoom is recognized as a leader in meeting solutions in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant.High-resolution audio and video ensure quality communication along with a host of other collaboration features that ensure more efficient use of the Zoom app to work with. other participants in your meeting.
A potential driver on the path to a better and more collaborative business environment, Zoom.us offers a seamless experience that will make you fall in love at first sight. We strongly encourage you to experience the same as we did by trying it for yourself.